Hedgehog Mohair Fabric with spikes plus pattern and instructions
We are offering a square of fabric, plus a suggested cutting pattern and instructions. You have a choice of sizes: small, medium and large.
Please note: this is an intermediate project, instructions are written for those who are confident making animals.
Item is fabric, pattern and instructions only.
You will also need:
- Medium brown wool (we suggest our Mountain Sheep or Russian Karakul)
- A little cream wool (our fox sheep)
- A little darker brown wool (our portuguese merino)
- Eyes (we suggest our glue-in 4mm (small), 5mm (medium), 6mm large - or a mixed bag of eyes if you are making the whole hedgehog family).
Make a hedgehog:
There is a choice of small hedgehog 12 x 12 cm fabric with 10 mm spikes, medium hedgehog 14 x 14 cm fabric with 18 mm spikes, or large 16 x 16 cm fabric with 23mm spikes. Each comes with its own suggested cutting pattern and general instructions of how to put together a hedgehog - this intermediate pattern is aimed at those who have needle felted before.
The Makerss are Sophie Buckley and Steffi Stern, co-authors of two books:
- Making Needle Felted Animals (2015)
- Making Simple Needle Felts (2018).
All kits are carefully designed by us and hand packed in the UK. We love everything that is wool. We hope our experience and enthusiasm will encourage your journey into the world of needle felting. We have all the supplies you will need to thrive in this wonderful hobby. We only use what we love and we hope you will love it too.