Making Soft Dolls book by Steffi Stern
Signed copy - only available here!
An innovative doll making book by Steffi Stern inspired by her own experience of years of doll making and teaching and following Waldorf Dolls principles.
• Foreword by Waldorf Educator Phillipe Reubke and endorsement by Great British Sewing Bee original Stuart Hillard.
• Introducing hand-sewn and knitted dolls from soft natural materials for young and old to make and love.
• From very simple first dolls to more detailed dolls that can be dressed and accessorised.
• Includes a series of dolls house dolls and accessories including needle felted dogs and cats.
• Lots of projects for making clothes too! Includes 4 types of making heads.
• Beautifully designed with inspiring photos and clear and colourful drawn and written instructions.
• Suitable for total beginners.
Here's a glowing review from David Kennedy in Waldorf Today:(Newsletter Issue #518, 02/02/2021)
The 10 word review:
Everything you need to know about Waldorf doll making. Everything.
The longer review:
If you've ever wanted to learn about making soft dolls, then this is the book for you. Steffi Stern has created extensive patterns and instructions for a variety of dolls, from the simplest first doll all the way up to the big "baby" doll.
The foreward by Philipp Reubke and the first chapters explore "What is a Waldorf doll?", "Why Waldorf Dolls?" and "Doll Stories". Beginning the book with those topics is a great orientation for Waldorf doll making.
There is an extensive section on the materials you'll need for all the dolls, as well as a section on the skills you'll use for creating the dolls. Steffi Stern is a master doll maker and her instructions are clear and precise.
Making Soft Dolls has been gorgeously produced by Hawthorn Press. The illustrations that accompany the instructions are hand-drawn and colored by Lucy Guenot.