Tiny Chick Tutorial
Make these cute needle felted Easter Chicks from quick felting wool batts, so easy to make! The hen and chicks project is featured in the Making Simple Needle Felts book.
You will need:
- Wool Batts in Yellow & Cream (Body), Red or Orange (Beak), Black (Eyes)
- #38 Medium & #40 Fine Felting Needles
- Felting Mat (Foam mat or Eco Felting Mat)
If making larger chicks our Glue-in Eyes look great!
How to make a chick:
- Mix a little cream and yellow wool batts (see our free tutorial on mixing colours)
- Felt into an egg shape with flat base using your medium felting needle (see our free tutorial on shaping)
- Roll a tiny wisp of red into a little rice grain shape and attach for the beak.
- Roll a tiny wisp of black into a loose ball and felt into place with a fine felting needle.
- Felt on yellow wisps each side for wings.